Regulations affecting HFCs
- F-Gas Regulation.
- MAC Directive 2006/40/EC relating to emissions from air-conditioning systems in motor vehicles.
- Montreal Protocol– Kigali Amendment to phase-down HFCs.
Regulations relevant to HFOs and HCFOs
- F-Gas Regulation – HFOs and HCFOs are included in Annex II of the F-gas Regulation and are subject to reporting requirements set out in Annex VII. HFOs andHCFOs are not included in the definition of F-Gases.
- MAC Directive – As a result of the MAC Directive 2006/40/EC banning refrigerants with GWPs higher than 150.
Regulations affecting all HFCs HFOs and HCFOs
Regulations influencing how HFCs, HFOs and HCFOs are used
- Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD)
- Energy efficiency directive (EED)
- Renewable energy sources directive (RED)
- Energy labelling and Ecodesign (specific LOTs)
- End of life vehicle Directive
- WEEE Waste of electrical and electronic equipment