Vote in ENVI Committee - 19 June 2013
EU Parliament indicative plenary vote (1st reading or single reading) – Forecast 8 October 2013
1) Procedure File page
Links to the following documents :
- Draft Report of MEP Rapporteur Bas Eickhout (Greens – NL),
- ENVI Committee Rapporteur Bas Eickhout Draft Report and amendments proposed by members
- TRAN Committee Rapporteur Gilles PARGNEAUX Draft report
2) PreLex Page (Monitoring of the decision-making process between institutions)
3) Impact Assessment (Dir G) : Impact Assessment on fluorinated greenhouse gases
See also :
EFCTC Position on the Revision of the F-Gas Regulation
EFCTC PR on the draft Report on the European Parliament and of the Council on Fluorinated Gases
Summary of the Commission’s Proposal, detailing the main new elements compared with the present F-gas Regulation 842(2006)
The Draft Proposal’s main elements are :
The Proposal differs from an earlier draft that was leaked early October.
It will follow the normal path of the EU legislative process :
Commission’s PR on the Draft Proposal publication (extracts)
The proposed revision of the F-gas Regulation aims to reduce F-gas emissions by two-thirds of today's levels by 2030. It also bans the use of F-gases in some new equipment where viable more climate-friendly alternatives are readily available.
Today's proposal introduces a phase-down measure from 2015 which limits the total amount of the most significant group of F-gases - hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) – that can be sold in the EU and reduces this in steps to one fifth of today's sales by 2030.
MOP 24 Presentation - Proposed EU Regulation on F-Gases
SKM Enviros study Phase Down of HFC Consumption in the EU – Assessment of Implications for the RAC Sector - EXECUTIVE SUMMARY