F-Gas Regulation: What must be recorded?
Operators of stationary Refrigeration, Air-Conditioning and Heat Pump installations with a charge over 3 kilogrammes of F-gases must keep accurate records.
At minimum, for each installation the following must be recorded:
- Identification of the installation, for example by
- Type of installation (e.g. Chiller, Split Unit, etc)
- Manufacturer´s serial number
- Address and exact location of the installation
- Type of Refrigerant used
- Charge size
- Hermetically sealed system yes/no
- Quantity of refrigerant added or recovered (see below)
- All servicing/maintenance activities including leak checks (see below)
- Identification of a permanent leak detection system (mandatory for installations with 300 kg or more.
For each servicing activity the following must be recorded:
- Quantity of refrigerant added or recovered
- Quantity of refrigerant removed for disposal
- Details of the company carrying out the activity, plus any certification details.
- Details of the technician(s) carrying out the activity, plus any certification details
- Date of the activity
Nature of the activity e.g.
- Leak test
- Preventive maintenance
- Retrofit (extension, change of refrigerant)
In case of leak checks, the result of the check must be recorded. If a leak is found, repair must take place without any delay. A new check must take place within one month after the repair.